Teacher Appreciation Week is Next Week!
We love them. We miss them. We appreciate them. Next week is Teacher Appreciation Week, May 4th – 8th, and we are looking forward to celebrating teachers. This week, of course, will look a little different this year. Our teachers are doing a remarkable job under difficult conditions and uncertain times. Hearing supportive expressions of appreciation from families like ours really matters to them right now.
Here is our quick list of ideas to appreciate your teacher:
- Have your child draw a picture and/or write a note of appreciation to their teacher. You can snap a quick picture of the drawing and/or note, and email it to brighten your favorite teacher’s day.
- Send your teacher a virtual gift card. While it might not feel as personal as picking out a unique gift, it is still a great way for your teacher to feel appreciated!
- Create a video message for your classroom teacher by recording a video of your child thanking their teacher. If you have photos from classroom events throughout the year, creating a slideshow is another creative way to show your appreciation!
- Does your teacher have a project on DonorsChoose? DonorsChoose allows teachers to create projects for materials they need in the classroom. A donation to their project is a quick and easy way to get a teacher exactly what they want.
- Order your teacher’s favorite coffee or meal to go. Purchasing their favorite coffee or a meal, at a time that the teacher can pick up, takes a little coordination with your child’s teacher and is a sure way to help your teacher feel appreciated.
Do you have a favorite teacher that is doing something above and beyond that you would like to see recognized? We will be highlighting a few teachers next week at Nevada Action for School Options. Send the teacher’s name, grade level, and what unique thing they are doing right now to firstname.lastname@example.org, and they might be featured on our social media next week!